St. Vincent's Academy - 2013 Tour of Homes & Tea
TOUR SITE DESCRIPTIONS
Through the generosity of presenting sponsor St. Joseph’s/Candler and Optim Healthcare, St. Vincent’s Academy will once again host this popular self-guided tour of the original 1845 Convent building and seven private homes in Savannah’s Historic District.
St. Vincent’s has enjoyed an enduring relationship with St. Joseph’s since 1875, when the Sisters of Mercy established St. Joseph’s Hospital in downtown Savannah. Proceeds from the Tour & Tea benefit the preservation and restoration of the historic Convent.
This year’s tour of homes promises to be a fascinating look inside seven residences in Savannah’s Historic District. Some of the homes reflect their 19th century origin in architectural style, interiors and furnishings, while others offer an exciting contemporary approach to downtown living.
Certainly, the centerpiece of Savannah's only fall tour of homes is the elegant tea which will be served on the grounds of the Convent. Academy students will serve a delicate repast of tea, homemade confections and traditional tea sandwiches.
Come see for yourself why native Savannahians and visitors alike say this annual fall event is “the best tour in Savannah.”
Tour Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, October 19, 2013 only
- Tour of all 7 historic homes, includes Tea at the Convent = $45.00
- St. Vincent's Convent (Tour, includes Tea at the Convent): $25.00
- Single House (Tour Only): $10.00
THERE ARE THREE EASY WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS:
1. Purchase tickets online by clicking here to register and pay.
2. Purchase tickets at any of the following Savannah businesses:
- The Savannah Bank
– Downtown (25 Bull St.)
– Mall (400A Mall Blvd.)
– Whitemarsh Island (4741 E. Hwy. 80)
– Medical Arts Shopping Ctr.
– Garden City (100 Chatham Pkwy.)
– Skidaway Island (The Village)
- E. Shaver, bookseller (912) 234-7257
(326 Bull St., behind the Hilton Savannah DeSoto)
- Candler Wellness Center (912) 819-8811 (5353 Reynolds St.)
- Saints & Shamrocks (912) 233-8858 (309 Bull St.)
2. Purchase tickets via phone at (912) 819-8833 or at the tour ticket office on Friday, October 18 (2 p.m. – 6 p.m.) or Saturday, October 19 (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) Tour ticket office is in Walsh Hall at St. Vincent’s, located at the corner of Lincoln and Harris Streets in downtown Savannah.Click here for location and directions. Cash, check and credit cards will be accepted.
ADDITIONAL TOUR INFORMATION:
Maps: The tour map will be printed on your ticket for your easy reference. The tour sites will be designated by balloons.You may visit the tour sites in any order and at your own pace. Please allow three and a half to four hours to visit all of the tour sites.
Accessibility: Most of the tour sites are NOT wheelchair accessible and may feature high stoops with 8-12 steps to climb. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Onsite Docents will provide history of the sites and will be available for directions and questions.
Restrictions: In order to protect these historic sites, no high-heeled shoes, strollers or photography will be allowed.
Transportation: Self-guided walking tour.
Trolley transportation, provided by Oglethorpe Trolley, will be available every 15 - 20 minutes to take guests within shorter walking distances of some of the homes on the southern end of the Historic District. Cost of trolley is $10 to be paid to trolley driver.
A municipal shuttle bus runs throughout the downtown historic district. Route information is available at www.catchacat.org.
Parking: Free on all city streets on Saturday.
Many thanks to all of our generous sponsors:
St. Vincent’s Academy reserves the right to cancel touring of any particular site due to unforeseen circumstances on the day of the tour. St. Vincent’s Academy and participating tour homeowners assume no liability for any person’s injury or loss incurred at any tour site or in transit to a tour site. SVA also reserves the right to refuse admittance to any person at any time.
© 2013 St. Vincent’s Academy, Savannah, GA. All rights reserved.